SX-70 to 600 polaroid?

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Conor, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Conor

Conor Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    i'm sure this has been posted before, but does anyone here know how to convert a SX-70 camera into shooting 600 film? thnaks

2. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    go to polaroid's site they have specific instructions on how to do this,
    isn't hard.

3. Conor

Conor Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    ya thanks...for some reason, i thought that it was going to be harder...

4. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The simple way is pretty simple -- ND .6 (2-stop) filter over the lens, and learn the trick of loading the 600 pack into the SX-70 camera.

You do lose two stops of viewfinder brightness, but that's reportedly not a big issue in sunshine, and even less so with a sonar camera.

I've been thinking about a way to put the filter over the film, either permanently mounted inside the camera (below the moving mirror) or over the opening in the film pack and use a fresh filter for each pack (to control dust, scratches, fingerprints, and wrinkles). If it works, this would be about as simple as the filter over the lens, but wouldn't affect the viewfinder brightness.

5. Wally H

Wally H Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
  6. HerrBremerhaven

HerrBremerhaven Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  7. blokeman

blokeman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sx-70 to 600 polaroid

Hi Conor; my version is not highly scientific but it works for me. Firstly, I agree about losing 1 or 2 stops exposure. That said, what I do is simply cut those little plastic notches off the underside of the film pack with a sharp blade, this allows it to slide into the sx-70. good luck... David.