Table top processors

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by redtail, Mar 30, 2011.

1. redtail

redtail Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good evening all!!

I recently bought a "DURST RCP 40 VARIOSPEED COLOR PROCESSOR." So recently that I haven't even taken delivery of it yet!! I now have a chance to buy a "Fujimoto CP-30 3H Processor ColorStar / Color Star 3000". Thoughts/comments on either one? Is one better than the other? Any support for these available?
    BTW--I am currently experiencing a "rebirth" in the old film type, photography, processing. I just recently took delivery of a Durst Labrator 1000 4x5 color enlarger.
    Thanks for any and all input!!

Randy

2. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The Durst will process 16 inch wide paper, but the Fujimoto will only do 11 inch, if I am not mistaken.

3. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fujimoto CP-31/32 will do 12 inch wide, not sure on Cp-30. If you are talking about the one on ebay, I'd pass. IT's more than a couple generations old, and if you want one, get a Cp-31 (or 32), it's much more recent and parts are still available.

4. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fujimoto processors are very well built. I have a CP31. Lots of stable rubber rollers, stainless steel where the metal get wet. The digital thermometer in mine died; likely a dried out capacitor. I have replaced it with an analog controller. The beauty of this thing is it will do 12" wide on 1.85l of chems.

I also have a colourstar 3000 analyser/timer. While you can print without one, it greatly eases the printing of colour if it is not the sort of thing that you do most days.

5. redtail

redtail Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks!! More questions

Hey guys thanks for all of your responses. Any and all comments are appreciative. Unless the Fujimoto is a complete waste of my money, hey I got it for almost less than the cost to go pick it up, I just couldn't go wrong!! You are right, it will go 11" wide. I expect to take delivery of the Durst early this week.
    Does any one have a manual for the Fujimoto?

6. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    See my PM.