Take a look at these interesting cameras

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Mainecoonmaniac, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Fabulous pieces of history and industrial art. One thing -- the Sears Tower camera looks exactly like the three Bilora Bella cameras I have, right down to the color scheme. It is my understand that these beauties was made by the Bilora company in Germany. They're tank-like, solid enough for a Panzer Oberleutnatant braving the horrors of the Russian Front in winter.

3. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some of those are deeply, deeply wonderful cameras, but one or two of them seem like misfires (for instance, the Canon 7 is only really distinctive in the picture because it's wearing the 50/0.95 lens!). The Girl Scout Camera strikes me as being a Kodak re-brand or something; 620 film and the same Bakelite look as some of the contemporary Kodak cameras.

Incredibly, I actually know someone who has a Compass camera (inherited it, I believe). He does shoot it, but it's kind of a hassle as it doesn't take standard 35mm, but a variation on 828 that requires him to reroll film by hand.

-NT

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a vague memory of those miniature cameras, like I ordered one from inside a matchbook or got it at a carnival or an amusement park.

5. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anybody has GAS yet? I have it bad.

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got a Bilora Bella too.Though I got no idea how a camera from around 1955 could be related to a german officer photographing at the russian front.

7. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, toward the bottom of that list there is a "WEEKEND BOB" camera. If there was a "WEEKEND DAVE" I could be tempted! :whistling:

8. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love those!

Jeff

9. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When we unpack boxes of camera donations at the PHSNE warehouse, the fun part is finding those odd little plastic or stamped steel cameras that were add-ons from whomever's collection was boxed up and forgotten, and then given away by the surviving relatives. we always wish we could hear the story of how somebody came to own cameras like these, and why, fifty years down the road, they still had them. We get some weird ones.