Takumar 50/1.4, 105/2.8, 200/4, Spotmatic, Pentax Bellows II and Misc Film Gear

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by AlbinoBlacMan, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlbinoBlacMan

AlbinoBlacMan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Looking to sell some stuff that doesn’t get enough (or in some cases any) use. I have positive feedback on Fourthirdsphoto, FredMiranda and GetDPI as Albino_BlacMan and on ebay as ctp046.

All prices include shipping unless otherwise noted. Paypal gift or add 3% for normal paypal. All prices are negotiable and I'm happy to do package deal. If any of my prices are way out of line feel free to fire me a PM.

Pentax Auto Bellows II - $70 – These are in good condition. Everything seems to work as it should. I can’t really see anything to suggest these have ever been used. Leather seems to be fine with no light leaks but I haven’t tested them.

[​IMG]

SMC Takumar 50/1.4 (49mm Thread) with Spotmatic SP - $100 – Super Tak 50/1.4. Glass is clean and clear, no fingus or haze, aperture is snappy and focus is smooth. Shows signs of wear on the focus ring but nothing serious. Comes with 49mm yellow filter and Pentax 50/1.4 lens hood.

The body is in user condition. The leatherette is peeling in a few places and it shows brassing in a few spots on the prism. Shutter speeds sound and the self-timer works. Meter hasn’t been tested as I don’t have batteries that fit in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SMC Takumar 105/2.8 - $100 – Glass is clean and clear, focus is smooth, aperture is snappy. Comes with front and rear caps, leather case and Pentax Lens Hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SMC Takumar 200/4 - $50 – Glass is clean and clear, focus is smooth, aperture is snappy. Comes with front cap, leather case and Pentax Lens Hood and Pentax yellow filter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pentax Viewfinder magnifier - $20 + shipping - good condition except it won’t snap shut.

[​IMG]

I also recently purchased a bunch of SS tanks that came with reels. I already have a bunch of Hewes reels so I don't need these. I don't know what brand they are. They all seem to be straight and in working condition. I'll test them to make sure they're not bent or anything before I send them.

Asking:
    $5 each if you buy 1-4 of them
    $4 each if you buy 5-14 of them
    $3 each if you buy all $15.

We'll work out something for shipping depending on your location.

I'll provide some pictures if you want.
    Also have a Patterson tank and 2 reels for developing 120.
    Also have a bunch of film that’s probably 30 years old.
    1x Kodak Vericolor II in box (35mm)
    1x Ilford FP4 in box (120)
    1x Vericolor II no Box (120)
    1x FP4 no box (120)
    2x Pan F no box (120)
    2x TXP no box (120)
    If anyone wants it let me know and we’ll work something out.

2. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    was interested up until I read this....Paypal gift or add 3% for normal paypal.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll reconsider your trade terms...

3. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll take the 105mm f2.8

4. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ditto.

5. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    BradS, lxdude -- what are your expectation re: trade terms? I was unaware there was a consensus among APUGers as to what they should be.

6. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I sent a PM. I expect to pay the 3% costs versus pay as a gift. The terms are not hidden from any of us.

7. chriscrawfordphoto

chriscrawfordphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Paypal's terms of service prohibits charging the fee to the buyer, and accepting gift payment for sales is fraud, basically stealing paypal's service. If you would cheat Paypal, you'll cheat your buyer. That is why people object to your terms.

8. Field

Field Member

So says the company that is an international laundering services...

9. megaman49

megaman49 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM sent on the film

10. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was not aware of the prohibition on charging the fee to the buyer. I was objecting to the "gift" option, for the reasons Chris gave.

11. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Seems to me that in my other hobby (audio equipment) it is common for a seller to say "$30 plus 3% paypal fee." By doing that, the seller is saying that he/she's willing to accept payment via paypal to facilitate rapid receipt of the item by the buyer, rather than asking for a check or money order. Admittedly getting paid via Paypal also benefits the seller, and of course a prospective buyer has the option of not buying the item (as has happened here). But if the seller is up front that he/she expects the seller to cover the fee, I don't see anything wrong with that, as the seller can always vote with his feet. As for the gift option, that does seem to be using the paypal system without paypal making anything for having provided the service -- and that said, I've never understood why paypal had a gift option in the first place

12. AlbinoBlacMan

AlbinoBlacMan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If it makes everyone happy I will no longer be accepting gift for any sales over Apug.

Please note however that using gift is a common on sites such as fredmiranda and getdpi so I'm not the only one doing this

13. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, it's widely done. And I just want to make it clear, I was expressing my own objection, not speaking for others.

14. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    As others have said, accepting Paypal as gift for sale of goods is fraud. It is dishonest and dishonorable.
    Saying up front that you expect the buyer to pay the Paypal fee is contrary to Paypal terms of service
    It also basically tells me (a potential customer) that you (the seller) really just want to extract as much
    profit from the sale as possible and that doesn't really make me feel to good about buying and it is contrary to the spirit of community.

Finally, just because it is common practice, does not make it right. yes, lots of people seem to think that it is ok to cheat but, I do not.

15. eurekaiv

eurekaiv Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just because PayPal doesn't earn a commission on a transfer, doesn't mean they don't make money on the transfer. Have you seen how long cash in an account sits, even after attempting to withdraw it? Thirty bucks may not seem like much, but imagine how that adds up when there are over 100M users. If the average account has say, $5, that's 5M earned annually in interest alone, at only 1%.

PayPal has a "gift" option along with a "personal" payment option which can be used for trusting parties to exchange funds without the need for their buyer protection service. If one wants to send and receive money using either of these options, I imagine they're welcome to do so all day long. But then I haven't read PayPal's 4000 word terms of service agreement, and I have a sneaking suspicion nobody else that's posted in this thread has either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  16. AlbinoBlacMan

AlbinoBlacMan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    200/4 = Sold

17. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still want that 105mm :smile:

18. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    So what you are saying, if I understand correctly, is that since Paypal earns interest on the funds it holds on accounts, it is ok to cheat and to not pay the fee that you as a user agreed to? What about the electric company? Do you pay your electric bill? or, do you cheat the electric company out of its service too?

No, this is just plain incorrect. using "Paypal as a gift" to pay for or receive payment for goods is very plainly against the rules and a blatant violation of the terms of service. Read them and you will see.

19. eurekaiv

eurekaiv Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Perhaps I'm a moron, but I don't see where I said it was ok to "cheat" and not pay a fee. Hmmm... perhaps if I start removing letters from my sentences you can start to see where I might have actually said that.

You keep saying "gift" but the last time I checked, "gift" was not the only option for sending a payment without fees. Either way, no matter how much morality mud you want to sling around, I'll still gladly continue to send personal payments to those I know and trust, and you can simply choose to judge me how you see fit.

20. AlbinoBlacMan

AlbinoBlacMan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    From the Buy/Sell Rules sticky:

"Persons not interested in a particular transaction are asked to refrain from interfering with classified sales by commenting unnecessarily. If you believe that an ad violates the rules, please use the "report thread" button (the triangle with the exclamation mark) to notify the moderators. Do not comment in the thread. If you believe that an item is overpriced, then that is a matter for the seller to figure out when it doesn't sell."

21. 2bits

2bits Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't think Paypal would offer the "gift option" if it were amoral, theft of services or any other ridiculous charge. As long as both parties agree to the transaction, it is no one elses business. There is only one aspect of Paypal gift that bothers me, and non of the moral police mention this. It is my understanding that if you buy using paypal gift that you have no buyer protection at all. Look it up at paypal!
    I have dealt in buying and selling metal detectors over the years, mostly high end detectors on the treasure forums. It is common knowledge there regarding the paypal buyer protection problem with gifting.
    All I can say is buyer beware, and use gift only for people you know. Otherwise you have no recourse.
    2bits

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  22. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Also from the rules for classifieds--

What I would recommend is that if there are costs of doing business like fees for using payment services, taxes, storage space, purchasing packaging materials, driving to the post office, etc., then those should be included in the price of the item in the way that any business tries to make a profit while covering its overhead, and should not be itemized as separate costs.

I would also ask that people use the "report" button in general, rather than having these discussions in classified ads. If you have an actual intention to purchase an item, APUG has no control over what sellers and buyers arrange privately among themselves. For instance, if a buyer and seller happen to live in the same city, the buyer could offer to pick up an item in person and the seller could offer to waive the shipping fee in exchange.

23. AlbinoBlacMan

AlbinoBlacMan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Spotmatic and 105 = Sold
    50/1.4 now with rear cap on sale for $85

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.