Technal 500 dry mount press $120 shipped in US

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by anikin, Feb 19, 2013.

1. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is a 11x14 dry mount press. The plate and pad are clean and smooth. It is in good cosmetic and operational condition.
    Thermostat and heater work like they should. There are just a few small spots of rust on top cover (see picture). Nothing that
    affects operation or quality of the results. Includes a sheet of release paper. I have done up to 20x30" prints with it by mounting one corner at a time with excellent results. It is built like a tank (and heavy like a tank), so it should give you years and years of reliable service. I have just purchased another, much larger press, so this one needs to free up the shelf space.

Shipping is going to cost an arm and a leg, but I will pay for ground shipping in continental US.

Attached Files:

2. lightwisps

lightwisps Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Anikan, I have a friend who is a student on the other side of the world. He is looking to start a fine art photo business as well as do photo printing for clients. To make a long story short, he really needs a dry mount press. He is trying to get the money together to buy yours. If it does not sell quickly would you email me a lightwisps@yahoo.com and maybe we could work something out, depending on how long you would be willing to hold it or whatever. I really appreciate your consideration and hope to hear from you, one way or the other. Thanks, Don

3. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Don,

Overseas shipment might be prohibitively expensive because it is very heavy. USPS estimate is over $500, so shipping it really is not worth it. The only way to get it to your friend is if you are flying there and check it in as a luggage. Besides, most countries on the other side of the world use 220V power whereas this unit is 110V.

However, if you are still interested, let me know,

Eugene.