Technal 500 Dry Mount Press

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by John Irvine, May 12, 2008.

1. John Irvine

John Irvine Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I took a Technal 500 dry mount press apart to clean and repaint. I didn't make enough notes on where everything goes. Now I'm stuck. I am close, but no cigar. Can can anybody send a picture from an instruction manual or digital picture of the mechanism holding the top down?

2. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I have a Technal 550, if it helps, I could take a picture of it later today.

Jon

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  3. John Irvine

John Irvine Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The design shown in your picture is quite different than the design of my 500. Thanks for the effort though. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Thanks.

4. Early Riser

Early Riser Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Here's my press, a 500T-X:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  5. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here's my Technol 500 (which works fine without repainting).

Attached Files:

6. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I hate to say it, but

...that is what the digigizmo thing is worth using on. I.e. to see how something goes together/comes apart.

I have access at work to an old 2mb clunker that still is working, and no one else likes to use.

I used this to keep track of all of how all of the aprts looked before tanking them apaprt in rehabbing a rollers, and socks, etc.

The effort was over tearing apart a Kreonite RA-4 roller processor machine - the first tank rack that had been left with developer on it, but not rinsed. There was gunk stuck on everywhere to be scrubbed, soaked, washed, scoured, rinsed, etc for many days. Even with the digisnaps and exploded parts diagram from the tear down manual it was a tricky thing to put together again.

7. John Irvine

John Irvine Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The picture Jim attached is the exact same model. I'm headed out to the garage with a copy to see where I went wrong. I had to take mine apart because the foam pad had gotten stuck to the aluminium heating side. Once I was at that point, I thought I might as well paint it.

Mike's idea of taking digital photos before disassembling something is a Eureka. I'm always taking things apart then forgetting how they went together.