Testing of Rollei ATP 1.1 Advanced Technical Pan in ATP-DC developer

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Larry L, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Larry L

Larry L Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Has anyone tried this in 35mm and/or 120 yet? Thinking of ordering several rolls of 35mm and a roll of 120 from Freestyle along with a min. quantity of developer. Still have some Kodak Technol developer left. Can that be used on the Rollei?

2. Double Negative

Double Negative Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I've got quite a bit of it in the fridge and I've been dying to test it... Just haven't gotten around to it yet. I looooved Tech Pan back in the day, too.

3. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have been using Technidol developer with Adox CMS 20 and with APX 25, so I don't see reason why it would not work with Rollei ATP.

4. Svenedin

Svenedin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I realise this is an old thread but I have just tested Rollei ATP 1.1 in the Rollei ATP DC (A+B) developer. I wanted to try the film just to see what it was like. I shot 2 rolls of 120 in the Alps in Austria at the ISO recommended in the developer instructions, ISO 40. I followed the instructions carefully and used distilled water as instructed. I am not pleased with the results. The film has developed OK it seems but it does not appear to have fixed properly. Looking at the negatives there are odd patches that have a coloured metallic sheen on the emulsion side and there is a foggy appearance too. Possibly this film was not stored properly but I don't know. When I bought the film a few weeks ago I found out it expired this month. As the film appeared insufficiently fixed I loaded it back on the reels (once dry) and fixed it again (fresh fixer). It doesn't appear to have made any difference. Disappointed, I went on to develop 3 rolls of Ilford Delta 400 and that is completely fine so at least my silly experimenting with odd films has not cost me my holiday photos! As I still have some of the special Rollei developer left I might try the ATP again to see if this is a one off bad result.

Edit: I went to cut the film to put it away in negative sleeves. As soon as I took the weight off the bottom of the film (it was hanging vertically to dry) it curled up like a pigs tail. Not just a bit but like a spring. Terrible. Other PET films like Rollei 400S do not do this. They curl a bit but they don't bunch up in a huge mess. Now not sure I will try this film again......

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016