Textured papers

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Gary Holliday, May 10, 2006.

1. Gary Holliday

Gary Holliday Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Kentmere stated that they plan to re-introduce the Art range but without the textured surface. I don't see the point in this??

Are there any textured papers papers still available? My business depends on this paper! I don't want to be forced to buy the inkjet equivalent :sad:

Please help :smile: Thanks

2. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I don't get the point exactly. Kentmere Art Classic seems to be available with no problems at fotomatica.it

3. mikeg

mikeg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Fotomatica will have old stock as Art Classic and Document Art were discontinued last year due to the manufacturer stopping production of the paper base. When I spoke to Kentmere at the end of March they had been trying hard to find a suitable replacement base without much success, but they were still hopeful of finding a solution. I presume that they have now found a paper but it's not textured like the previous one.

Mike

4. Carol

Carol Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I don't know if this is any help, but I bought some textured paper (by mistake) last year. It was branded Tetenal TT Art Museum 8x10. It is still listed on the Vanbar site (Australian), but that doesn't necessarily mean it is still available. Good luck.

PS Be careful they make an inkjet one as well. :smile:

5. foto-r3

foto-r3 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear Gary, concerning textured papers, have you tried Foma MG Classic 542 Chamois? This is a natural fibre-based paper, no bartya coat, and is quite appealing.

You can get a little taste of what it looks like here but obviously to appreciate this kind of paper you need to hold it in your hand:

http://www.imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/archives/2006/05/at_sunset.html

Best.

Mark

6. Gary Holliday

Gary Holliday Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the link foto-r3, I noticed that print was sleenium tones, but I read somewhere else that it has a tan colour. Could a different developer give it a neutral tone? I don't think the brown is to my taste.

Do Bergger have a textured paper?

I'll try and look for samples of the Tetenal Art Museum to see if it suitable.

7. Muihlinn

Muihlinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That print was developed with a cold tone one (LP-Brom 3). The paper itself is warm, and the selenium effect was warming it up. The base is light tan, so it does not match all the subjects... I'd also love the same paper with a white base.

8. Gary Holliday

Gary Holliday Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    When did Art Deluxe disappear? I think it had the strongest texture if I remember correctly?

Has anyone come across Tetenal TT Art Museum? Where can i find it?

9. Carol

Carol Member

Shooter:
    35mm