Thanks Fuji!!!

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Shawn Mielke, May 26, 2006.

1. Shawn Mielke

Shawn Mielke Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    So I get home from work this early evening, and in the mailbox is small box with my name on it, from FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. Hmmm, I think...Did I sleep-order something online and don't remember doing so? Has my girlfriend sent me a spontaneous/surprise gift? I open it and inside is a small envelope with my name on it, handwritten, containing a card, which, in turn, contains a business card:

FUJIFILM
    I&I - Imaging & Information

MARIANNE SALIMBENE
    Director
    Customer Care Department
    Technical Services & Support Division
    The Imaging Group

FUJI PHOTO FILM USA, INC
    etc etc
    etc etc.....

This is followed by a note:

"Shawn Mielke (handwritten)--

In appreciation of your business and loyalty,
    we are sending the enclosed without the formality of a letter.
    It is our hope that you will continue to enjoy Fujifilm products in the future.

(signed, Marianne Salimbene)

THANK YOU
    CUSTOMER CARE DEPARTMENT"

And "the enclosed" turns out to be four rolls of B/W film, two Acros 100, and two Neopan 1600.

I'm glowing, and bewildered. Mostly delighted. But I had to think why ???
    And then the "Ahaa..." hits me. Within the last couple of months there was thread here dealing with the topic of Fujifilm and it's committment to film based products. Someone had included an email address whereby one might thank them/it. I had sent just such an email. It may be that I sent two Thanks emails, one to the UK branch, and then one through the Fujifilm USA website directory. In any case, I'm still glowing (and delighted) and also totally impressed. Anyone else recieve something like this? I did, in my email, note how in love with Neopan 1600 I was/am, mentioned appreciation for the Acros film as well, so it makes sense that they sent me these specific materials. Totally cool. Thank you Fuji!

Shawn

2. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmmmm. Shawn what exactly did you do? I love Fuji too.
    Is that enough?

Just kiddin' but a nice gesture for sure.

jan

3. Shawn Mielke

Shawn Mielke Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Believe me, whoring myself out for black and white film is not beneath me, but this was not the case!!! :]

Anyway, I can't believe that I'm the only APUG-er who sent a Thanks FUJI email that got a response of some kind.

And so, once again, thank you Ms. Salimbene, for the response to my response, and for the fantastic film(s).

Shawn

4. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you card and gift from Fuji -- Thank you Fuji Photo

I got a fine thank you card, hand written, early in the week. My wife is going to use the Fuji film that was sent. The package and card was so nice that I will keep it. Thanks Fuji!

Curt

5. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I love Fuji! I would love them even more if they made Acros in 220 rolls.

6. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The price increase (up to 30 percent) of Fuji products begins next month in Japan, and that may actually affect my decision of choosing film. But that's all I can say about Fuji or any other brands at this point.

7. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well Firecracker, I don't think you'll have much of a choice if that is your sole parameter for making a decision.

Prices are going up everywhere on everything; welcome to inflation.

8. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not fair, you guys got film..... I got coupons for Fujifilm Quicksnap with flash disposable cameras. Still something to stick in my purse for those rare once in a lifetime mishaps you want to document. Thank You Fuji

9. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The reason why I've been using Fuji products in Japan is the availability more than the quality. That's is just how Kodak in the U.S. was to their customers/users years ago, I believe. At least when I was living there, many Kodak products were so bread-and-butter to me.

In the price competition, Fuji film (Neopan is what I use) has been always kept cheaper than foreign brands. But with the potential (up to) 30 percent of an increase, that will easily go higher than the prices of, TriX and/or HP5 as an example.

That's not my sole parameter but still is in the main part on choosing consumarable items like films, photo papers, and chemicals. Since I have used other brands' products for a certain period of time, I have my charts/darkroom recipes and can make a switch. And I'm actually kind of excited to do that.

I just wanted to let you guys and gals know how it is over here. :smile:

10. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I don't know much about the U.S. and/or UK branches of Fuji Film, but the one in Japan, runs an annual photo contest that takes photo portfolios. The deadline for the submission had just passed, but if you're interested in this kind of activity/event, here's more info (in Japanese language only):

http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/fpsn/index.html

There's an age limit that's 35 and younger, but that's all I know as far as the rules go. It's open to anyone in all nationals/countries, etc. And If you win the prize you'll have your show in the Fuji galleries in japan and receive Fuji products and some cash.

I'm sure they'll love to have your work submittted, and that's going to be a lot of contribution and support for them. Or maybe this is just too beneath you to do...

11. Peter Williams

Peter Williams Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I received a similar note with three rolls of color film from Fuji today. In an age where customer service is declining, this thank you goes a long way with me. Now where is my GX680.......

12. BruceN

BruceN Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got a nice letter from the Pres. of Fuji in Japan in response to the letter I sent, but that's all. It was nice of him to take the time to respond personally. I didn't send any emails or letters to Fuji America, now it looks like I should have. :wink:

Bruce

Copy of the letter.

13. abeku

abeku Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ditto! - but it's a helluva letter to have! BTW, I have a great time with the Acros I bought from megaperls!

14. Peter Williams

Peter Williams Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I sent an email to Fuji, but the email didn't have any of my contact info. I would guess that they had my contact info because I bought a AA battery holder from them directly not too long ago and they sent the film to that address. This may not have anything directly to do with our response to their press release. This may be a random effort to reach out to its existing customer base. Either way - it's not too often that I get thanked for my business anywhere.

15. FrankB

FrankB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Er, blimey!

That thread (unless I'm mistaken) was one of my hair-brained schemes. I must admit I didn't ever imagine anything like this coming out of it!

Respect to Fuji.

16. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got three rolls of ACROS and the same note. it must be the email that we sent to them to thank them for being true to film. I can't think of any other place where they would have gotten my name as R.A.Morange.

I can tell you, it goes a long way with me. It's nice to see a company that believes it should recognize its customer base.

Thanks, Fuji!

17. Shawn Mielke

Shawn Mielke Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What you said, Whiteymorange. The power of the letter, and of collective effort, and a humanizing of business is what I'm struck by in all of this. Free film is cool too. (Free film is very cool, actually; can't think of a better, and cost effective, gift to give.)

18. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fuji is super smart in doing this bit of community relations. I am a happy Acros Neopan 100 user and I can't comment on the 1600 neopan as I have not had an opportunity to try it. I am happy that they care, and for those who recieved film from Fujifilm USA, you have waxed lyrical about a really nice film emulsion. I am wedded to Fuji's colour products both in c-41 and chromes. When is the last time Kodak did this, reach out to their committed customers?

Bill

19. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    So what is the email address you used to thank them?

20. Shawn Mielke

Shawn Mielke Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  21. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Shawn, for tracing that down. I couldn't remember the address for the life of me and I haven't had time to fart, burp or sneeze lately with the end of school.

And yes, FrankB, you got it all rolling. Great hair-brain schemes are not all that common. Thanks for that one!