Thanks to X-rite

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Greg Davis, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just bought an X-rite 810 densitometer off ebay, and it arrived as described and pictured, but it was missing the large button on top for taking readings. I knew this when I bought it, so I am not upset with the seller in any way, but I thought I might see how much a replacement would be from the manufacturer. I filled out an electronic form off their website asking about it and I got a reply in a couple hours. It wasn't an estimate or price sent from a sales rep, it was a receipt for a replacement shipped at no charge. Now that is customer service, especially for a discontinued product!

2. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yea X-Rite.

3. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    very good!i had less luck when asking for a calibration of a used sensitometer.they sked for $400,which was twice the e-bay price!

4. PeterB

PeterB Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Which online form did you use? I have had very little success getting spare parts for my 810. I had to get the bulbs from a 3rd partyas they charged an arm and a leg for them if I remember rightly.
    The red transmission channel in my densitometer is intermittently faulty, the 3 colour channels are combined also in visual mode for B&W negs.

5. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  6. macandal

macandal Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Does this densitometer do both color and B&W or is it color only? When I read the instructions, it talks about color only, there is no mention of B&W. Does anyone know? Thanks.

7. PeterB

PeterB Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It does both colour and B&W. In B&W mode (Visual Mode ?) the 3 colour channels are averaged/combined together.

8. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    What he said. I use it for color, but it does b+w equally well. The calibration film is b+w.