The $900 magic lantern lens

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Barry S, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  2. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    wow! that is alot

3. phfitz

phfitz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    When you have an itch you have to scratch it, last month I watched a $50 typewriter hit $700.

$700 typewriter

4. Jeff Searust

Jeff Searust Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    There are still plenty of deals to be had however. It's just a matter of finding them and finding what other people have not found or don't understand. I just got a Rodenstock Imagon for $80 the other day and I'm shooting with it already, laughing every time I hit the shutter...

5. goamules

goamules Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I watched that one aghast too. At the same time, several real camera petzvals, of longer focal length, were barely selling for a couple hundred. Hype sells.

6. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have that same lens!!! I paid just over $200 for mine and it's in better shape!!!.... So it seems like an investment! At any rate, this seller has not stated it's a lantern lens and states it's a camera lens and talks a good talk and is good at name dropping and knows how to pitch it right.... Kind of like the 'other' well known story teller on E'Bay Cameo-Need-Ham, or whatever there name is this week. The interesting this is it has it's collar flange/ring.... But over $800 is smoking crack for something like this.