The Agony and the Ecstasy of the Olympus Stylus Epic

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by luvcameras, Nov 6, 2005.

1. luvcameras

luvcameras Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I loved my Oly until it basically fell apart. Replaced it with a Rollei 35s, and now a Pentax Espio (amazing little camera).

3. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been thinking about a Stylus for some time now. But I still have a couple of working XA's that I don't use much so I can't justify buying one. Olympus sure has had its act together in making tiny 35mm cameras.

4. eric

eric Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I luv my Oly XA as well but sometimes, I just don't want to look through the viewfinder. The fill-flash on the Stylus is just awesome.

5. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I love my epic. always with me as a backup for the bigger guns.

6. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have an Epic, Well its great, I wish that there was a version with more manual fetures, I was shocked to see that it doesn't even say the shutter speed, witch even I knew about before I became intersted in photography.

7. GeneW

GeneW Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Epic is a great carry-everywhere cam -- and weather proofed. If Olympus had added aperture priority to this little unit, it would have been a marvel. As it is, it's good.

8. BWKate

BWKate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love this little camera! I call it my "snappy happy" camera and it's great for candids. It is pretty sharp and what I really like about it, is how close you can get to your subject. I think the distance is like 1.5 feet. When you take photos of kids it's nice to get closer. Also it's not super intimidating as a piece of equipment. I've already worn out 2. Whenever one bites the dust I get another one. Not that I have alot of money.

BWKate