The Alchemists at Dylan Ellis Gallery Opening

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Bob Carnie, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Thursday Night (march 12) is the opening reception for the Alchemists: Featuring Bill Schwab, Guillaume Zuili, Osheen Harruthoonyan and myself. The show runs until April 26. I hope some of you can make it.

more details can be found here:

http://www.elevatordigital.ca/deg/

I know this isn't the right forum, but the show is all B&W (film, paper and Chemistry).

2. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good Luck and congrats to all I'm sure it will be a great show.

3. arcman

arcman Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good luck indeed...I know from talking to Bill that he is thrilled with the quality of work in the show...Cheers!!!
    -Don.

4. David William White

David William White Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I popped in to take a peek and was immensely delighted to see Mr. Zuili's Woman Crossing The Street, which has put me into some kind of hypnotic reverie ever since first seeing it here on APUG. So wonderful to see it in person.

5. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm there in spirit, cheering you on! You guys are real role models.

- Thomas

6. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I rounded up the family after dinner and we headed in to take in the show. Wow. Big proud prints, looking at you as much as you look at them.

The kind of images that make you:
    wonder at the beauty
    wonder why you could not see that (image that has been presented so beautifully),
    and look at the cool image and say (in your inner photograher voice) how in the world did that image get made?

And, as always, while not part of the show, the hallways at Elevator are full of great images to take in as well:
    Kevin's great photos of Paris. Oh how I wish I had not started the bathroom renovation, for instead we could have visited Paris instead kind of images.
    The rock musicians wall.
    The Dr. Mark N images of his elederly shut in patients.
    and more of Carnies sneaking though the scrap yard out back, and capturing such great abstracts.

Congratulations on a great show.

Nice to see Juris, Dinesh, and others from the Fall White Pines workshop as well.

7. ldhayden

ldhayden Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I am so bummed. Stuck in Toronto because of work for an extra day with nothing to do and I see this post much too late. Bummer!

8. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Word!

9. Marco Buonocore

Marco Buonocore Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was lucky enough to get to the opening last night, and was blown away by the quality of work on display. It's been a while since I've seen a showing as impressive. All four photographers bring a lot to the table! Guillaume Zuili's work had me hypnotized; never seen anything like it.

The trainspotter in me was just as impressed by Elevator's collection of mammoth enlargers. Pretty wild.

If you've got the opportunity to see the show, you'll not be disappointed.

10. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey All,

Just waking up from the haze of last night and trying to get my voice back. Bob Guillaume, Dinesh and I closed the bar and seem to have talked about everything under the sun. Really great to meet Guillaume after all this time. A kindred spirit to be sure. What a great time! Really great turnout as well. Thanks to all who came as well as all the well wishes. So amazing to see it all up on the walls after all this time. Bob and the crew at Elevator are top shelf and I am proud to have been a part of this. If you happen to find yourself in Toronto, please stop by and give it a look! Also... if you're looking to print BIG, Bob is the man. You will be blown away at what this man can do in the darkroom.

Thanks Bob!!!

Best, Bill

11. Guillaume Zuili

Guillaume Zuili Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the support. It was terrific and great to meet Bill. All the work presented was impressive with luscious big prints. I'm too hang over to type anymore...
    And tired to explain why french like Jerry Lewis !!
    Yes we do ! Ah !
    :smile:

12. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks like you guys had a great time, killing many a beer... :smile: Good on you!

I'm so proud to be in your company here.

13. naeroscatu

naeroscatu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You got me all so excited. I plan to go to Elevator tomorrow. I also have something to print in large format...

14. ldhayden

ldhayden Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Well I did get a chance to stop by today before heading to the airport. Great place and wonderful work. I was particularly impressed with Mr. Zuili's work. Just really wonderful images. All of the stuff was good and it was nice to see the images firsthand instead of on the screen where so much is viewed these days.

Seeing Mr. Schwab's images firsthand was a real pleasure as well as I've long admired his work and visit the site often. This was my first exposure to the other two gentlemen as well as my first exposure to Mr. Zuili's work.

Congratulations and good luck with the show.

Larry

15. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here's a few snaps of the calm before the open. Thanks again to everyone for the support.

Attached Files:

16. Davec101

Davec101 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Looks like a great show, the work looks really good large, am used to seeing them small on my monitor! Congrats to all of you.