The best flash since the bulb days

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by henry finley, Jan 5, 2013.

1. henry finley

henry finley Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A Sunpak 611. Lets you use every drop of available light first. The near-worthless power rotary-switch is easily modified by a hand-crafted end of a 120 reel, some sandpaper for roughening, and some thick crazy glue. Remember to make a printed copy of that dial, because you're about to glue it covered-up. Glue the printed copy to the new face of the rotary-switch which in now the interior side of the 120 reel, sawed-off.
    From that point on, do everything in manual mode, meter everything with your luna-pro, and turn that flash up enough to keep away from the toe of the film curve. It's a powerful flash--you can make available light the fill light a lot of times. Sunpak 611--remember that. Or get a Honeywell and make a bunch of ND attachments. I like the Sunpak.

2. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just use my Profoto Pro Head instead :wink:

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk