The best flash since the bulb days

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by henry finley, Jan 5, 2013.

1. henry finley

henry finley Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Marshville N
    Medium Format
    A Sunpak 611. Lets you use every drop of available light first. The near-worthless power rotary-switch is easily modified by a hand-crafted end of a 120 reel, some sandpaper for roughening, and some thick crazy glue. Remember to make a printed copy of that dial, because you're about to glue it covered-up. Glue the printed copy to the new face of the rotary-switch which in now the interior side of the 120 reel, sawed-off.
    From that point on, do everything in manual mode, meter everything with your luna-pro, and turn that flash up enough to keep away from the toe of the film curve. It's a powerful flash--you can make available light the fill light a lot of times. Sunpak 611--remember that. Or get a Honeywell and make a bunch of ND attachments. I like the Sunpak.
  2. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Subscriber

Aug 5, 2012
    8x10 Format
    I just use my Profoto Pro Head instead :wink:

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk