The book of pyro and the PMK formula

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Merlin, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Merlin

Merlin Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Wanted!
    Does anybody want to part from his or her Book Of Pyro? Please let me now. I'll be forever grateful...

2. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How about Anschell and Troop?

The Darkroom Cookbook lists it. The Film Development book gives a bigger write up, with a few pages straight from the Book of Pyro. I have never read the Bible of Pyro, but use the info from these two books to get fine results.

I have never got the full ammount of K to dissolbe in the B solution; I just shake vigoursly to get all the sediment into suspension, then syringe off the required amount.

I know that A to water then B should go from green to pale brown, and it did when fresh, but know 6 months since mixing the A stock and B stock it doesn't any more, yet the develper still seems to work well for me.

Pay heed to the warnings about staining, and wearing gloves. The only thing that I ever saw stained worse was EP/2 exhausted devloper tar, but it wasn't known to be as nasty as Pyro.

3. mebo

mebo Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    the book of pyro

I have a 1992 third printing, copy of this book that i am willing to sell. It is in good condition as I never got round to using pyro. steve

4. Jim Noel

Jim Noel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The Book of Pyro is still available new. I believe Bostick and Sullivan carry them. YOu might find one on Amazon or Addall Books for less money.

5. chriscrawfordphoto

chriscrawfordphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Freestyle sells it too