The books I got. . .

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by wheelygirl, Jun 10, 2007.

1. wheelygirl

wheelygirl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    for my birthday:
    Time/Life Life Library --"The Print"; "The Camera"; "Light and Film". As well as 3 non-photographic books: "Little House on the Praire" and "On the Banks of Plum Creek" both by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and "Life's Little Instruction Book" author not recalled, book is being read by others in household:D .
    So, I'd say a pretty good birthday for some one who slowly creeping toward the big 5-0!!

2. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Happy birthday Wheelie! Those Time-Life photography books are classic. They were the unofficial documents of the photography mania of the 70's when SLR's came into their own and there even was a regular photography column in the Sunday New York Times. We still have a set, and I revisit them from time to time.

Anyway....and again....Happy Birthday! You've still got a bit more than a decade to go and still be 'middle aged' which sure beats the shock I got last October when I hit 60. You can tease middle age out through the very last day of your 59th year, but then you're just plain old! hehehe....(time for senior discounts...goody, goody!)

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Middle aged = 10 years older than you are, regardless of your age. Until threescore years and ten, maybe.

And happy birthday -- I'm 57 next Friday, and my father is 80 on Tuesday.

Cheers,

R.

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Happy b-day Wheely. You're still young!
    The Time/Life books were a big help when I first got serious about photography. Happy reading.

gene

5. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Happy birthday Wheely, don't know your name, and Roger, Im just two years behind you. Happy birthday to both of you and many many more.

Curt

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That Time Life series is great. Nevertheless, at book sales here they seem to be glued to the rack…
    I must admit intentionally I have not got the whole series in house, knowing that there are enough copies around to get that mint copy at a bargain price whenever I feel the need to get the missing copies into my library. My favorite is `Frontiers of Photography, 1972´.