The Fujifilm GF670 and the Leica MP: a Comparison

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by MarkG, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MarkG

MarkG Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I recently purchased a Fujifilm GF670 (medium format "folder") and took it on a walkabout in Washington DC. I also brought my Leica MP along. I took images with both cameras and wrote a blog post about my experiences and the images produced by each. If your curious how the camera performs and the images it produces, you might find this an interesting read. You can find it here: http://wp.me/ph0f6-1K

Mark

2. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks! I enjoyed reading this.

3. MarkG

MarkG Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you, clogz. Glad you enjoyed it . . . Mark

4. lns

lns Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This was a really balanced and interesting piece. It seems like you have two great cameras. And a very nice wife. Though if my husband liked cameras, I would have an excuse to have twice as much stuff, and that would be very dangerous. :smile:

Your last shot, of the wedding party, is especially awesome.

-Laura

5. narsuitus

narsuitus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I really enjoyed reading your tale of two rangefinders. I also enjoyed watching the short video on the opening and closing of the Fuji rangefinder.

If I were not already shooting with a 6x7 Fuji rangefinder, your article would definitely make me want to get one.

Thanks!

6. MarkG

MarkG Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    @ Laura and Narsuitus - thank you for your feedback and kind words. I'm glad you found the article helpful.

Mark

7. MarkG

MarkG Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My adventures with the Fuji GF670 continue. I took it to a dinner party last Friday and experimented using it for an available light shoot. I pushed Tri-X to 800, developed it in D76 1:1 and was pleasantly surprised at the results. You can read more about my experience here: http://wp.me/ph0f6-2R

Mark

8. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mark,

Enjoyed your first comparison. Have yet to read your new post.

Actually, reading your blog can become dangerous for my wallet. Lately, I've been trying to convince myself that I really don't need another camera, but whenever I read about the GF670/Bessa III, I become more and more convinced that I *do* need just *one* more camera... :wink:

Thanks again, great reading, great examples.

9. MarkG

MarkG Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Kraker,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the post . . . the GF670 is a pretty sweet camera, at least given what how I like to shoot. And, since they made only 5,000, I figured I'd grab one. I've always wanted a folder but I didn't want to have to carry a light meter with me; the GF670 addressed that concern.

Mark