The Getty Center

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Curt, May 27, 2014.

1. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I flew down to LA this weekend for the purpose of seeing the current exhibits at The Getty Center. The list is too big to talk about each item. There were no disappointments! This is the time to see historically processed images of historical people and events. Your history of photography, art, and general history will come to life as you pass the images.

OK AA; there is not much to say about Ansel Adams that has not been said before! I will say that for me it is "I see, that is why he is at the top of the field of photographers in history. The photographs in that smaller room collectively showed the progress he made from pictorial to the modern and beyond. One partition had two prints of Moonrise, Hernandez , New Mexico. One as shot, one printed as he imagined it would be. Pre-visualization that he recognized with Monolith, The Face of Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, California, 1927. The image that suffered a fire and had to be printed without a quarter inch of the top and left.

This is was the best Sunday I have had in a while! Curt

2. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    amazing

The Getty Center Museum is a truly amazing place. I am always impressed with what you can do with a couple of spare billion dollars rattling around.

3. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I over heard a man say it was the most expensive property in LA county. Money made before income taxes.

4. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    tax

Oh, JP Getty was still making money after they started the income tax. But, remember what the rich lady said to her maid "Only poor people pay taxes."

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would love to go to the Getty Center Museum, but I'm here on the east coast.:sad:

Jeff

6. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a must see place when you're in LA. Admission price is right. It's FREE. I love the ghost tram ride up the hill too.

7. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's ONE OF the must see places...