The Hasselblad Manual

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Sam2nd, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Sam2nd

Sam2nd Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all.
    Today I purchased this book, is the fourth edition of Ernst Wildi.
    I think that the last edition is the fifth. My question is, I will lost something very important between two editions ?
    I have a new 501CM Hassy.
    Sorry for my bad English
    Regards :wink:

2. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The latest edition is the 6th, and it's full of info on the Digi H system. For the 501CM the earlier edition should be better (that is, if the 4th edition does cover the 501CM).

3. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 4th edition should be fine for you, since you have the 501CM which is an older model. I bought the 5th edition when I got my 503CW.

Regards, Art.

4. Bromo33333

Bromo33333 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nope, the latest editions are really spending a lot of pages on the "H" Digital system. The early editions are great for the mechanical film cameras

5. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Apart from focusing on the digital, every edition of the book, leaves out content about older and discontinued models. Considering right now Hasselblad only has the H3D and the 503(CWD,CW), the new edition will be very, very thin. I have the fifth and it covers all V system cameras, including the ArcBody and FlexBody and the slide projector. Get the 6th if you are into the H1.

6. Sam2nd

Sam2nd Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your kinds replys.
    For me the H system is out of my range, and I'm very happy with the V system, for the moment I will study the fourth edition, and wait for the fifth when is available.
    Regards