The ModaPin

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by modafoto, Jul 28, 2004.

1. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi

I just want to present my new pinhole camera, The ModaPin!
    It's an old Kodak Brownie with the lens and the shutter removed.
    I have covered all holes (except the pinhole :smile:) with duct tape and made a pinhole in tin foil with a syringe (i have 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 and 1.2 mm. pinholes made already).
    I think a lot of others has done this too with old box cams, so I don't think I'm original :smile:

I have shot a few rolls of FP4 and I'm fine tuning the exposure.
    A picture will be on this thread soon.

Morten

2. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Morten. Good idea. Let me know the results of your experiment with FP4
    Hans

3. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Here are three pics from the ModaPin.

Attached Files:

4. phototech

phototech Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too have modified the old box cameras like the Kodak #2. Love the 120-6x9 format for great pin-panos. I leave the shutters in place, as I find it much easer to deal with than tape, and the box cameras offer built-in view finders.

5. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I'm forever robbing shutters out of old Polaroid Oscilloscope cameras. That leaves the 3.25 X 4.25 Polaroid packfilm holder and usually the remains of the camera sticking 3 1/2 inches in front. All you have to do is make a black matboard cover and a place to tape a foil pinhole on. 3X4 is a great pinhole size and it's instant (as instant as possible with a pin hole) gratification with the polaroid 108 or 667 films. If I use 665 I have a positive to look at and a negative that can go in the enlarger. Here's a couple of pics done that way. I enlarged the Tonopah Nev. Coke bottle bottom to 10X12 on 11X14 paper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]