The Neretta breathes again!

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by bliorg, Sep 3, 2010.

1. bliorg

bliorg Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi, all -

A few years ago, I took some direction from Sandeha Lynch and built myself a 4x5 hyperfocal point-and-shoot camera. Based on his design (and his name for it), the Neretta is/was a fun project. But, it got set aside, and stripped for parts, lens was sold, yada yada. So the body sat in a drawer for a couple years.

Well, I recently got a bug in my ear telling me to bring it back. Bought a new lens - an Optar 90/6.8. Bought a new bracket handle. Refinished the mahogany. Ended up with this:
    [​IMG]

So, the sun came out today, and I took Maddie and the Neretta (and the dog) out to the Daniel Boone Homestead. Fired off a few sheets of Arista.EDU Ultra 100 (I told you it was sunny!), and just got 'em scanned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, just to convince m'self that the Optar's sharp enough, here's a 100% crop of Maddie:

[​IMG]

I have two, count 'em - two - Grafmatics on their way here. And a friend's hooking me up with a hood (of which I'm clearly in dire need). This rig is the bee's knees. Can't wait to take it out again!

Scott

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Excellent.

Is there any focusing involved or is it set at hyperfocal distance?

Steve.

3. bliorg

bliorg Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks, Steve. It's hyperfocal. Focus is set at about 12'; at between f/22 and f/32, I've got about 5.5' to infinity.