the perfect camera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by bjorke, Nov 12, 2003.

1. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It would be quick and easy to use, could print very large, and could photograph my dreams.

2. fingel

fingel Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My ideal camera wouldn't be a camera at all, but a device that could materalize any kind of camera that you needed for that specific situation. Say you ran accross a scene that only a 12x20 would do justice to, them punch in 12x20, and there it is. If you are somewhere with your friends and don't want a lot of equipment bogging you down, punch in 35mm with zoom and boom there it is. Needless to say it would also materalize the approprait lighting equipment and dollies to haul the heavy stuff. :smile:

3. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's quite simple. It would be a sort of a protoplasm implant in my brain that would take in the scene and my thoughts and record the image exactly as my mind interprets it. Then back in the darkroom I would expose the image onto the printing paper with my new laser vision.

4. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

5. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Or Helgas...:smile:

6. fingel

fingel Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was thinking more of the Sweedish bikini team :D

7. Cheryl Jacobs

Cheryl Jacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    One lens that shoots however you want it to (wide angle, zoomed, blurred background, whatever.)

One camera that shoots every format. I don't wanna take three cameras everywhere with me. Make one that shoots 35mm and 8x10 that I can still handhold.

Give me a camera that gives me the image I MEANT to make.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i agree with fingel, they may never move anything around and you may never actually make a photo, but you're not really going to care :smile:

9. Jorge Oliveira

Jorge Oliveira Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just a Minox style (with zoom, of course) that would allow for enargements as good as ULF gear, and not needing a flash in available darkness.

So simple, I wonder why they did not do it yet...

:smile:

Jorge O

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jorge, they have, havn't you seen the leica copy minox sized digital cameras? They're 2 megapixels and that's as good as ULF film. It just has a fixed lens, though. Give it another week and film is dead! Man, if you look back at some reviews of early cameras, everytime another one comes out it says it's as good as film and film is dead and then the next comes out and that one's as good as film (with it understood that the previous generation must not have been).

11. MikeK

MikeK Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The perfect camera should have selective depth of field, automatically adjust to a broad range of contrast levels. Operate immediately at the speed of light and have direct access to a high speed filing system.

Lucky me, I have had two since the day I was born. My eyes, one of the best gifts ever given to mankind!
    - Mike

12. Ed Sukach

Ed Sukach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've been contemplating this from the angle: "If all my cameras were to disappear and a genie in a bottle appeared and gave me one wish - any single camera that I asked for..."

I would choose the camera that I use most: The Hasselblad 503Cx (or possibly one of the more "updated" versions of the same - possibly ...).

I just love this puppy. Flaws and idiosyncrasies ... of course, but I really wouldn't want anything else. One learns to work with, and integrate - and feel perfectly comfortable with - the "oddities".

If the wish was expanded to two ... I'd probably go with a Leica M6 - or whatever that model is up to now... Three - I've been "watching" the Ebony 4 x 5. Four - or maybe "two" or something ... The Olympus OM-4 system I have now ...

13. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    True perfection is imperfect or something like that...depends what you want to do and where. I'd never want to be without LF but otherwise a rollfilm rangefinder (Mamiya 6 or 7) with interchangeable lenses is probably the best-reasonably compact and light too.

14. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format