The Perfect Single 8X10 Lens

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    If I were just starting in 8X10, or was serious about paring down to a single lens (don't worry, I'm not) this would be a contender!

[​IMG]

Back in my Deardorff days I made many wonderful images with one of these. For architecture, the Deardorff bellows would groan and complain well before this lens would run out of movements.

[​IMG]

The Schneider spec is wrong. These cover sharply right to the edge at 82 degrees. That's about 410mm of image circle. Take it to the bank.

[​IMG]

This one is feather light in it's Copal 1 Press shutter. The press shutters fire each time you cycle the cable release. Top speed on these is 1/125th.

[​IMG]

Price: $385 + shipping 3% to APUG of course.

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If I separated it into four parts, could each part be used by a 4x5? :tongue:

3. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    You could cover 16 Hasselblad's with it!

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like this lens! But all Siriusness aside, I will concentrate on 4x5 for a while first. Now if you have lenses for a 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic with a 135mm lens or a to be purchased 4x5 Graflex Model D [details are sketchy while the owner, a retired Graflex/Graphic repairman reconditions it and checks it out] then contact me.

Steve