The ultimate solution to the high price of BW film

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Matthew Rusbarsky, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Matthew Rusbarsky

Matthew Rusbarsky Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've found the ultimate solution to the high price of BW film. While playing with my Viewmaster personal stereo camera, I noticed that it can be coaxed into double exposures. In it's native state, the camera puts 69 stereo pairs on a 36 exposure 35mm roll. By double exposing while masking on or the other of the taking lenses, one can get 138 individual negatives on the roll. There you go. Your per exposure costs have been reduced by a factor of 4. Stop crying, shoot some film, and thank me later. :cool:

2. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ugh. 36 is already too many, and 35mm already too small. Cheaper, yes, but you get what you pay for.

3. Matthew Rusbarsky

Matthew Rusbarsky Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ugh? Same negative size as a disc camera. Everyone loved that format, didn't they?

4. edp

edp Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And about twice the size of Super 8, and you could enlarge that to the size of your living room wall.

5. brianmquinn

brianmquinn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I get 75 shots with my half frame camera all the time. I also stocked up on 36 exp rolls of Arista Premium at $2 a roll. That works out to about 2.5 cents a shot. It's a but more when I shoot Ektar however.

6. An Le-qun

An Le-qun Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Who's crying?