Thinking of View Camera...

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by TheFlyingCamera, Sep 23, 2005.

1. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Has anyone seen this month's issue? I just got mine a couple days ago in the mail, and I have to say that this month's is a marked improvement. Typos, if there are any, are markedly less obvious, as is the variation in layout/design. I want to say to Steve Simmons that whatever you did this month, keep doing it, because the magazine is looking better. He keeps getting bashed for problems with the magazine, and frequently the criticism is deserved; but I don't often see people dishing out praise, so I want to be part of the solution, not the problem. Good articles, good layout, good quality control. When it comes together, it comes together. Kudos!

2. ggriffi

ggriffi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just got into LF and found out about this magazine and subscribed. The only issue that i have is that my password for the "subscriber only" area hasn't worked yet.

g

3. donbga

donbga Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    You aren't missing much, The subscriber only section hasn't been updated in a while except for one article about scanning by Ted Harris.

I can only surmise that Steve has some kind of operational problems since the as usual the magazine is full of typos and there are no new subscriber only articles being posted.

This really disappointments me, mainly because the editor made such a big deal about it when it was first announced.

I really wish that VC would publish back issues on CD but that would just make too much sense wouldn't it.

Don Bryant

4. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    As Steve promised, they made a policy change at VC. Typos must now be submitted in invisible ink in order to get printed.

-Mike