This guy has some seriously impressive pinhole photos!

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by Poohblah, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Poohblah

Poohblah Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    www.pinholephotography.org . . . Justin Quinnell.

I've seen his solargraphs before around the 'net but I wasn't aware of his other stuff...

I really want to go make some pinhole photos now! The only concern I have is getting the pinhole to the correct diameter.

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, every once in a while someone rediscovers Justin's website. He has made some amazing pinhole photographs indeed.

3. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  4. Poohblah

Poohblah Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I especially like the image of the US Capitol :smile: I want to say that it's taken from across the reflecting pool... but then the Washington Monument would be in the way... IIRC, isn't there an oval shaped pool in front of the Capitol? I used to live in DC but I haven't been to the Mall since I was probably 12 years old...

5. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    From East to West:

Capitol, Grant (and Peace and Garfield?) memorial(s), pond/reflecting pool (complete with ducks), National Mall with Smithsonian buildings of course then the Washington Monument then the reflecting pool then WWII memorial then finally the reflecting pool and Lincoln Monument. :smile: (Only know this because I was just there in May and walked from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial and back.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  6. Poohblah

Poohblah Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That sounds right, though I don't think there is a reflecting pool in between the WWII memorial and the Washington Monument.

Google Maps hasn't updated their satellite images since the construction of the WWII memorial. That was what, 6 years ago?