thoughts on Kodak Ektragraphic 250 slide viewer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by kmallick, Oct 17, 2012.

1. kmallick

kmallick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a chance to purchase a Kodak Ektragraphic 250 Slide Viewer like the one shown below off of the local Craigslist. I do have slide projectors that I use at times to view the chromes (both 35mm and 6x6). But sometimes I think I might benefit from a quick run through of the most recently developed 35mm slides. I was wondering if there are any users of this Kodak Ektragraphic 250 slide viewer. I understand that it uses a frosted glass. Is the projection on 12x12 screen nice, bright and crisp? I have never seen one working and I am all ears for your thoughts on this machine. Thanks.

3E33L13N95N55G65F1caf19f5af15d42319ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  2. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My Monkey Just Wiggled !!!

Ron

3. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do any of your current 35 mm projectors support stack loaders? I find that with mine, an Elmo Carousel clone, a stack loader is very useful for quick run throughs. Beats loading and unloading a tray.

4. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I don't know of any currently available slide projector but I have a stack loader from Kodak and it works on both the Ektagraphic and Carrousel projector. I am quite sure that it would work on the 250 as well.

5. kmallick

kmallick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was considering the Kodak Ektragraphic 250 for table top viewing to avoid setting up a slide projector.
    Anyways, I have purchased this beast already and I am planning to take it for a spin tonight. Thanks for all the responses.

6. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Excellent !