TIP: OPEN HOUSE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY (Oct. 18th, 2013)

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by TheToadMen, Aug 23, 2013.

1. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I received a newsletter from The Impossible Project today, announcing the OPEN HOUSE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY (in The Netherlands, Europe).
    I went to an open house about two months ago and is was very interesting/cool to see how it all works. This is the original Polaroid Factory that The Impossible Project continued. You'll feel back in time, being a part of the Polaroid history, standing between the very large machines from the 1970's. The tour guides speak English, German and Dutch as well. They are all employees of the old and new company.

And part of the tour is visiting the guy who works there for 40 years now fixing all kind of Polaroid cameras (he knows them all by hart). I brought mine and he CLA'd it for free during the tour - even added a frog tongue. Later he showed me his tattoo. Guess what it was ....

polaroid-repair-man-tatoo 095.jpg

It was a great day so highly recommended. They also had some nice sales on film as well.

This is the text of the announcement:
    ------------------------------------------------------

impossible_factory_logo.gif OPEN HOUSE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY
    Are you ready to explore the place where instant film is produced? Would you like to meet members of our team and see our giant assembly machines in action? On October 18th, we'll be hosting an Open House Day at Impossible's factory in Enschede, the Netherlands. In addition to a tour of the factory, you'll also be offered a 'Lift It' demonstration by Dutch photographer Carla Ellens. Please note: As we expect to get more requests than there are available places, we would urge you to apply before September 29th. We will be in touch to let you know whether we are able to guarantee you a place!
    FOR DETAILS & REGISTRATION PLEASE GO HERE
    http://www.the-impossible-project.com/openhouse/18october13

Impossible_factory_polaroid.jpg

IMPOSSIBLE FACTORY OUTLET
    address: Hoge Bothofstraat 45
    7511ZA Enschede - The Netherlands

EMAIL: outlet@the-impossible-project.com
    OPENING HOURS: Every FRIDAY from 11.00 - 16.00
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some impressions:

polaroid-factory 097.jpg polaroid-factory 098.jpg polaroid-factory 099.jpg polaroid-hell 096.jpg polaroid-factory 100.jpg polaroid-factory 101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  2. Someonenameddavid

Someonenameddavid Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    It would have been cool to have the sx70 tattoo in the cleft of the elbow ( the antecubital fossa) so that the camera was closed when he flexed his elbow and open when extended...

3. Aperture Science

Aperture Science Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Awesome ! It's about bit more then an hour to drive from my place. Hopefully i will be one of the choosen ones.