Tonight on SBS2 (8:30pm)

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Joachim_I, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Joachim_I

Joachim_I Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Images of Conflict: Photographers in the War Zone

"What choices must photographers make when they capture a conflict for the rest of the world? This is a film about seven photojournalists' experiences of war, the dilemmas they face and the quest for truth."

2. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Joachim,

Only recently was I given a set-top digital box after the folks upstairs, in turn, were given one from our neighbours, who in turn again, upgraded to HD or something (we pay nothing to 'handball' electronic stuff around the neighbourhood for keeps!). I went from 3 channels to 16, and SBS 1 and 2 are firm favourites, with some recent very engaging viewing. I'll probably watch that doco tonight; as with most SBS content, it's probably not sanitised in terms of grizzly imagery being held back; this is good: if truth is to be conveyed in documentary form, especially of war and its affects, it should not in itself be made a casualty by ending up on the cutting room floor, so often evident in commercial coverage. Bring it on. Should be a very good look-in! :smile:

3. Joachim_I

Joachim_I Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Gary,

I have similar experience. I also recently upgraded from 3 to 16 channels (if our North American friends read this, they must be shocked). Most of these channels are unbearable. SBS1/2 sometimes has some interesting stuff.

I hope I can leave the office in time.
    Best, Joachim

4. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the heads up Joachim. I have just gone and set the Tivo to tape it! Cheers

(BTW, I was an early adopter to digital TV. Back then, the best was ABC2 (as that was the only additional channel). SBS2 rivals that now!)