Tripod for XA, which one would you recommend and why?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by papisa, Mar 16, 2006.

1. papisa

papisa Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Greetings Again, because the XA is sort of a small camera who's tripod would you recommened and why and your thoughts about it, somewhere in the price range of around $100.00. Can you get a decient one for around that kind of money.
    Thinking ahead of what i would like to do with the XA.
    Thanks Again=Mike.

2. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Help me here - what XA?

The Olympus XA made years ago could sit on a tripod costing around 10 buck and work fine.

I need a little bit more info to help you.

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Minolta made and XA as well and just about any tripod could hold that camera, unless you were using a long telephoto, I used a bogen 3001 with a small ball head for many years with my minolta manual cameras and it worked out fine with no problems.

Dave

4. Smudger

Smudger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Made by Olympus actually. A camera this light & tiny should be fine on almost any tripod, but use the self timer for best results. The XA has no provision for a cable release.

5. Smudger

Smudger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry Satinsnow : misread your post. Minolta /Olympus XA are entirely different cameras.

6. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Get a Slik Sprint Pro, mines the gunmetal color. Weight 2#. Great little tripod which I have even used with a mf camera, preferably with the mirror up.

7. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh, I know they are, that is why I said, Minolta made one as well, but as both of them go, just about any tripod will handle them..

Dave

8. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Would Majestic be overkill?
    But seriously folks, If you can live with a tabletop tripod you could try looking for a Minox. They're about the size of an oversize pen. Two of the legs store within the largest leg and there's even a cable release inside the last section.

9. Kevin Roach

Kevin Roach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    popular science had a cool tripod this month. It would be perfect for that XA. Just attach a tripod bolt to the cap from a plastic soda pop bottle. put it in your pocket and screw it on to a bottle when you need it.

10. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a second-hand Tiltall in 1973, and see no reason to upgrade it. I use it with 35mm lenses up to 400mm, and cameras up to 4x5. The current Tiltalls are made overseas, and I have no experience with them.