Tucson Community Darkroom?

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by Roger Thoms, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hey does anyone know what's up with Tucson Community Darkroom? Their site is up but they are not returning phone messages or email.

Roger

2. jvo

jvo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    summer hours?

:sad:

3. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Or lack there off, I was also thinking that maybe they are on vacation. I did speak with Alan at Art Intersection up in Gilbert (near Phoenix) who was vary helpfull. It sounds like AI is a very nice facility so I'll probably head up there. They have a water chiller, how cool is that!!!

I would still be interested in a darkroom here in Tucson if anyone has any ideas.

Roger

4. JimCee

JimCee Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I haven't personally tried to contact them recently. Their website seems to be quite downlevel in terms of classes being offered, etc. (darkroom classes starting in September are for a prior year). They recently posted a link on their Facebook page, so I assume they're still active in some ways. I'll call them during "business hours" next week and see if they really are still an active organization.

Jim

5. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes I've called during business hours, and sent email both directly through the the website and through Facebook. I'm headed to flagstaff and plan on stopping at Art Intersection in Gilbert and printing there.

Roger