Tungsten film with 85 filter

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by chrism, Aug 30, 2010.

1. chrism

chrism Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've been thinking recently of buying up a bunch of Fuji 64T film and using an 85 filter to daylight balance it. The film is quite cheap, especially the quickloads, which are about $1/sheet which is a good price.

Besides a loss of speed on otherwise slow film, is there anything to worry about here? How's the quality of a solution like this?

2. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Many people use this combination. It will work very well. Just don't forget to use the filter or correction factor, which is easy when shooting in a non SLR TTL environment. Not that I've done that before or anything...:-/

3. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Be careful. You need to use an 85B filter, otherwise the color will be slightly cool. That said, Tungsten film with an 85B filter is as good as daylight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I had shot tungsten in daylight with the proper filtration, the film was Ektachrome 64T and I was very pleased with what I got. It was discontinued shortly after, unfortunately, but it was great film