uk analogue labs

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by coigach, Jul 22, 2009.

1. coigach

coigach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,

I rarely shoot colour film but am planning on using Porta NC on a forthcoming trip to Istanbul.

I'm looking for recommendations of any UK labs that print analogue - I'm using Portra for it's lovely natural colours and don't want digital prints with that saturated colour-on-steroids look...! :D

Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help,
    Gavin

2. catem

catem Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. coigach

coigach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for this, will keep them in mind for larger prints.

I should have been clearer in my original post though. I'm really after a lab that does a process and print option (just looking for bog standard size 6 x 4 prints in the first instance), but with analogue prints rather than digital prints. Mail order is fine.

Cheers,
    Gavin

4. Aurum

Aurum Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You might have a long search, as most minilabs these days for the 6x4 proof print sets are scanners, even if they then laser print onto proper RA4 paper.

If you can get them minlabbed, but with specified no corrections, that may be the most cost effective to start with

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Pro labs I used all installed Noritsu or more commonly Fuji Frontier Digital Minilabs quite a while ago for their 35mm & 120 throughput.

Ian