uLTRA-PADDED SHOULDER STRAP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Anscojohn, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi All,
    A friend who needs to carry a 7 pound oxygen bottle asked me to find out if there is a really thickly padded, ultra soft shoulder strap. The new one has a padded shoulder strap which, for me and a camera, would be fine. Not for her, however, The new set up sent to her bears too heavily on her bony shoulders. I told her I would ask you all experts if there were something she could buy which would help her out.

2. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Domke makes a "postman's" pad which could be it onto most any strap. It is really, really nice.

3. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I seem to recall REI or one of the other outdoor equipment suppliers has a padded sleeve that slides over a typical web strap. Dunno if that might be useful or not.

DaveT

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Calumet makes an air cushioned neckstrap that I thought was very comfortable, but it only lasted about a year on my 4x5" Tech V. I think they make a luggage strap that is probably stronger and designed as a shoulder strap with similar air cushioning. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work as a neckstrap with a camera, but it might be just right for an oxygen tank.

5. Ria

Ria Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I cobbled one together once upon a time by combining a regular shoulder strap with a faux sheepskin seat belt cover thingie that I got at the local auto parts store. The seat belt cover thingie is designed to go on the shoulder stap of the seat belt and, as I recall, had a velcro fastener which made it easy to remove for cleaning or transfer to another strap.
    Ria

6. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Many thanks, all. I have ordered a Domke Postal Carriers strap for her. I think it shall do well for her.

7. silveror0

silveror0 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  8. silveror0

silveror0 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    OOPS! Make that strap No. 0901012.

9. glaiben

glaiben Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    John,

I bought the Domke Postman for a bag that I didn't keep. I've never used - if you haven't ordered yet, she can have this one. Let me know.

...gregg