University of California, Berkeley Students Looking for 8x10 enlarger+accessories

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by DKRose, Aug 2, 2014.

1. DKRose

DKRose Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi,
    I am looking for any 8x10 camera or darkroom equipment for sale/donation in the California area. I am willing to personally pick up any items. I am 22 years old and have fallen in love with darkroom printing and all the joy and heart ache it can cause. I currently have a small darkroom set up for 4x5 negatives and 16x20 inch enlargements, but I want to try something much, much larger. Attached are some screenshots of 16x20 inch prints that I made last year. Also looking for a darkroom mentor that wishes to pass down his or her knowledge of advanced darkroom printing.
    Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 1.10.40 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 1.10.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 1.10.57 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 1.11.05 PM.png

Take Care,
    Dakota Rose

fisheyerose@gmail.com
    (530)-520-7208
    Head of Cinema Literacy,DKA, UC Berkeley

2. rorye

rorye Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Andrewfrith had an 8"x10" enlarger listed in the classifieds recently, in No. Cal. I'm not sure if it's still available. If I had room I'd have snapped it up!

3. DKRose

DKRose Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format

Yeah, I contacted him a few days ago. Thank you!

4. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    It is possible to make a horizontal enlarger out of an 8x10 camera and a led panel.

Jon

5. DKRose

DKRose Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I currently do not own an 8x10. I've been shopping for awhile. My peers and I have been on the look-out. Currently we have been shooting on a Sinar 4x5 P, and a Mamiya RB67 outfit. I work at a welder's shop in my off time and have been considering welding up my own enlarger/base stand, but am not sure I could provide the same functionality as a professional 8x10. Until then I am hoping to find someone with unwanted or under utilized gear in their garage that they want to sell or part with.

6. DKRose

DKRose Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    BUMP

7. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    They want 8x10.

Jon

9. karl

karl Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Rayko offers a student discount for a monthly printing pass. They have an 8x10 enlarger..

10. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You are correct. My bad. Good luck with that. If you do find one, let me know. I only contact print my 8x10s but someday I might like to make a 16x20 or so.

tim in san jose

11. Alan Klein

Alan Klein Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Those are very nice prints especially the first. I love the tonal range. Can't help you with the equipment but good luck.

12. Terry Hayden

Terry Hayden Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have two saltzman 10x10 enlargers for sale - neither has a working head on them (both are non-working aristo heads). Unfortunately they
    are monsters ( the larger of the two is around 1500 lbs). They are located in the Fresno area. If you are interested at all, let me know.

Regards,
    Terry
    terry@terryhayden.com

13. DREW WILEY

DREW WILEY Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I'm installing one more 8x10 enlarger locally, and know where a lot of serious gear can be picked up, including 8x10 P's; but so far, I'm the only person it's been offered to for free, so obviously want to install whatever I can actually use first. Just how serious about this 8x10 business are
    you? It's quite a commitment once you get beyond contact printing.

14. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG. I had a 8x10 camera once, it was interesting but way to cumbersome compared to 4x5 as well as expensive. However, what ever floats your boat, good luck.