Unkown film in Stater pack

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by Young_Nat, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Young_Nat

Young_Nat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The other day i entered the world of holga by purchasing a starter pack. I've shot the roll inside but I'm not sure if its slide, colour neg or black and white neg. it was in red packaging with no writing on the outside. the film itself has a black paper backing. any ideas on what film this may be??

gosh my spelling is bad, title should read - Unknown Film in Starter pack

2. Akki14

Akki14 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It normally says on the label at the beginning or end, on the little paper band.

3. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    niiiice..."What the hell is it?" is right in line with the Holga tradition. Darned if I know. I would probably assume black and white. What you can do is cut off a tiny strip (in the dark, of course), roll it back up again, and take a look at the strip. It is not likely transparency film, as there probably just aren't any lousy ones made in 120. Likely b/w or maybe C-41, and you will be able to tell those two apart by the color of the emulsion.

4. Akki14

Akki14 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The strange thing is, I can only think of Lucky Film (B&W) that is wrapped in red ... but its backing paper was white. The only stuff that has black backing paper (with very crappy stamped white ink markings) is Foma 120 as far as I'm aware...Unless Lucky has changed its backing paper, which they could have done.

5. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It could be Shanghai GP3...did it look like this? http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat120.htm
    Only film I've used with Red wrapper and black backing paper. If so, it's black and white, and actually pretty decent stuff really. Curly, but decent.