Upgrading the Englarger....

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by RebeccaSC, Nov 10, 2006.

1. RebeccaSC

RebeccaSC Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello

Have just received a new condenser, 80mm lens & mask & neg carriers etc for my Durst M370 so I can print/view 120/220 negs as I've just bought myself a medium format camera.

There's no instructions/pictures to help me install/swap over. Can anyone point me towards something/instructions I could download before I start tampering and do some damage I'm having terrible flashbacks to when I took my Vespa apart and then couldn't put it back together again.

The neg carrier bit is obvious and I'm sure the lens installation will be easy as I did that when I first put the enlarger together the main bit that worries me is the condenser part.

Many thanks
    Rebecca

http://www.rebecca-sichelcoates.com

2. THardy

THardy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  3. RebeccaSC

RebeccaSC Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for these links both were helpful
    regards
    Rebecca

4. Blighty

Blighty Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure if my AC707 works in the same way but, when I change condensers, I loosen the 2 knurled nuts (fnarr, fnarr!) holding the condenser to the enlarger head. The condenser is pulled slightly forward and then drops out of position. Refitting is the reverse action. Just a word of caution; if your darkroom is fairly cold, then you might want to warm up the condensers a little, otherwise condensation may form within the elements.