Use Panchromatic Duplicating Film for 35mm camera.

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Kyon Thinh, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Kyon Thinh

Kyon Thinh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,
    I've just got an old 2000ft Kodak 5234, and I am wondering, if I can use it with my 35mm camera, and get a B/W picture? It seems like, there is not much information about this film.
    Best regards,
    Thinh.

2. MartinP

MartinP Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    For what it's worth, the Kodak tech info is here...

It isn't orthochromatic (so you can't use a red safelight to play with it in the darkroom) so that might be ok in a camera body - but "low-speed" is a bit vague, in the documentation! The base is grey, but if it isn't very dark perhaps you could try contact printing a neg to make a positive, though that would be better done with the positive release-print film. For pictorial Gamma, from the PDF, it looks like about six minutes in D-96 at 21C, but that would depend a lot on exposure I suppose - not to mention the age and storage of the film. Try it and see, and make lots of notes so you know what might have worked on a test roll. Good luck!

3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Based on that datasheet speed would be around 0.7 ISO for tungsten lighting. Due to the oldfashioned high-blue sensitivity a yellow filter would be advisable to be more in line with modern camera-films.