Used gear in Brussels?

Discussion in 'Antiques and Collecting' started by kopca, Apr 12, 2006.

1. kopca

kopca Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi to all,

Since I am planning the couple of days trip to Brussels, I was wondering are there any second hand photo gear stores there? Any recommendations? Thanks

2. George Papantoniou

George Papantoniou Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I guess that "Campion" at Rue St Boniface (opposite of the cafe "L'ultime atome", ask for it at Ixelles, everyone knows it) still sells used equipment.

There was someone not far from the "Academie Royale des Beaux Arts" (on the same street, further to the east) but I don't remember the name of the place...

3. BBMOR

BBMOR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

hey

i am living near to Brussels
    yes Campion is still ithere ,near Av Louise ,you can find different ,Photo Union ,Sqaure Albert in 1070 Bruxelles is also good my favourite and much cheaper than Campion ,have also a look in the rue de Midi two shops are selling scond hand

succes and have a nice visit try the beers and the chocolate

jm

4. kopca

kopca Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    many thanks guys... of course i'll taste beer and probably chocolate...

5. Christopher Nisperos

Christopher Nisperos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Right around the corner from Campion on Chausée d'Ixelles there's a place called Cash Coverters which sell consumers cameras and SLR's in decent, working shape* for dirt cheap. Friendly service, too.

(*Example: I bought an Olympus mju-1 which works OK (cover sticks a little)
    for 20 euros with a case! Satisfactorily sharp, and gives correct exposures. I won't swear that everything you buy there will be perfect, but I remember that they offered a guarantee. Ask them about this and of course, check things carefully!).