Used JOBO accessory source?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by jglass, Nov 17, 2010.

1. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm gathering a couple/three items to process color in a Jobo CPA-2 and am having a hard time finding them . . . USED. I assume this is the nature of the beast, BUT if any of you know of reliable, more or less constant sources for USED reels, cores, tanks, spare parts, etc., other than the ones below, I'd appreciate knowing about them.

I'm aware, of course, of: epay, theJoboman and I've seen a few items at Calumet.

Any others I should be aware of or do I just need to search harder?

Thanks,

Jeff Glass

2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Who is that man?

3. Edtog

Edtog Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ebay is probably your best source, that's were I got most of my stuff from.

4. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
  5. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you look for Jobo things on eBay, I suggest you try with eBay.de.
    Your normal credential will work. The site interface will be in German but, you know, the same things are in the same places...

With a bit of investigation you can find the words that interest for search. Or you just write Jobo and search through pages and pages of results.

I see (at least with the Italian ebay site) that searches on foreign sites are always incomplete. You search for Jobo on ebay.com, and after the US results you are shown results on foreign sites. Well, those results are just a small part of what is really available on those foreign sites.

For Jobo material the German site is full of offers. For other makes, the UK or French sites can be more interesting. More than half of what I bought on eBay I bought through the German site.

Fabrizio

6. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought of LF Forum

Nor had I thought of the german ebay. Diapositivo, won't shipping on items be prohibitive for me? I'll try to check it out and see and maybe warm up my long dormant High School German.

Thanks

7. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Who is that "Joboman"?

8. Rudeofus

Rudeofus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Here is a link I found which may shed some insight into this mystery ...

9. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks.

10. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have also posted WTB (wanted to buy) items on Apug, LF Forum and the Rangefinder form, with mixed results.

John Powers

11. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, if you buy something light you can have it sent by ordinary mail and it should be cheap.

For instance this items for repairing a Jobo machine have gone for a price that would certainly justify any kind of shipping expense, also by courier (being small, light items).

http://cgi.ebay.de/Jobo-ATL-CPP-CPA...6686?pt=Fotolabor_Zubehör&hash=item45f6ac8c5e

This item costed less, and with the margin you could maybe afford some courier shipping if the seller would not offer registered mail:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Jobo-Processor-C...5991?pt=Fotolabor_Zubehör&hash=item2c588f95a7

I bought my CPP-2 in Germany, or in France, shipped by courier to Rome. That's the kind of thing that I would not buy in Germany to ship in the US. But most items (like reels, tanks etc.) are light and don't cost much in shipping.

Fabrizio

12. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Joboman is Dave Smith in Los Angeles. He specialized in processing equipment, enlargers, drum print dryers, ...

Both he and his wife are very friendly, helpful and have a great supply of used and new parts.

Steve

P.S. Hi Jeff from you long lost brother Sirius. I recently made contact with our cousin, Scrathed Glass.

Sirius Glass