UV Light

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Annie, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Annie

Annie Member

2. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Annie, you can have something similar if you are good at making things, or perhaps a freind can build a light box for you. The plans for a light box are at the edwards engineering web site. Of course you can buyone of theirs, but they are expensive.

You can also look for plate makers in E bay. look for the Nu Arc 26-1k. The can go anywhere from $300 to $500 plus shipping, and the shipping will be another couple of hundred dollars. Many of us are using this units as they have a light integrator and allow you to burn or dodge if you need to do so.

3. veriwide

veriwide Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I bought my UV light box for cheap at a local university surplus store. They have a world class med. school, and I've found several great photographic and adaptable to photographic items there.

4. Annie

Annie Member

Thanks for the other ideas.... you must admit though the one from Tokyo is slick....... portable and with a vacume frame.

5. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

6. Annie

Annie Member

7. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

8. Ralph

Ralph Member

Talk about a lot of Yen.....@ http://www.xe.com/ucc/ with todays exchange rate the vacuum model at 250,000 Yen is US$2,288.10 and the split back spring model at 180,000 Yen works out to US$1,648.31

I think I'll pass as I'd have to add approximately another 33% to our Northern Peso.

Ralph

9. jbrodkey

jbrodkey Member

The basic problem with this printer is that there seems to be no room between the light source and the printing frame. One would not be able to do any burning and dodging as one can do with the Edwards. I use an Edwards and like it very much. I don't really have room for a plate burner....

10. Annie

Annie Member

Good point... I really wanted the portability but access for burning & dodging is very important... I had not thought of that. Thanks.