V500 scanner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by cliveh, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I am trying to scan some 6cm X 6cm black & white negatives on an Epson Perfection V500 scanner. It tells me it can’t do this in auto mode and on other modes it sometimes can’t recognise where the negative starts or ends and freezes during a scan. Does anyone have one on these machines, who could advise me the best way to scan 6 X 6?

2. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is off topic for APUG, so you might try asking over at DPUG.

I don't have that scanner, but it may be a problem in the software. My scanner has b/w negative film as an option in the software, and I use "professional mode." Wish I could be more help.

3. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Suzanne, sorry about this, as I do realise this is a bit off topic for APUG. But the reason I posted it here as opposed to DPUG is that the V500 is a film scanner and thought not many people on DPUG would be scanning film, but perhaps more on APUG may.

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There are many many threads about scanning on DPUG.org. One of the main reasons for DPUG.org is for the discussion of hybrid techniques involving images originating on film to produce digital prints or traditional prints with digital intermediaries, and they all involve scanning. Of course DPUG is also open to 100% digital processes and traditional printing from original digital files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.