Varify Konica lens mount

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by JMC1969, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JMC1969

JMC1969 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,

I have a Konica 40mm F1.8 that is listed in the APUG classified. It didn't get much response here so I listed it in another classic camera group. There I was told that this lens would possibly also fit Pentax and Yashica 35mm SLRs'. It might be a M42 or PK mount, does anyone know for sure?

Thank you,
    Jody

2. Paul Howell

Paul Howell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Konica used a bayonet mount, it is mot a M42 or K mount. If the lens is engraved as Konica it is Konica and will not fit a Pentax or Yashica without an adpator.

3. r-brian

r-brian Member

As Paul stated, Konica bayonet mount is exclusive to Konica cameras. Pentax and Yashica are also two totally different bayonet mounts; they are not interchangable.

4. JMC1969

JMC1969 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank You, I'm glad I asked before I went with one person telling me it was so. I saw one sell for $26 + shipping on the bay yesterday, but I really just want somebody to have it that can use it. I don't need another camera to go with this lens.

5. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The 40/1.8 was sold as a kit lens with the FS-1, FP-1 and FC-1 cameras. It is excellent optically but mechanically it was not Konica's best work.