Velvia 100 (not F) Quickoads?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Ben Diss, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Ben Diss

Ben Diss Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Does anyone have sa ource for Velvia 100 Quickloads in the US? I see 100F and Velvia 50, but I'm coming up empty for 100.

-Ben

2. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Are you sure that such a thing exists? Velvia 100 is a fairly new product and I would not expect Fuji to introduce to so similar products at much the same time.

Why not visit the Fuki website?

3. Baxter Bradford

Baxter Bradford Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It is available in both Quickload and normal sheets in the UK. Most LF landscapers prefer the convenience of QL, so Fuji have obviously moved to cover this market.

I find it hard to believe that they are not importing it into a huge market like the US.

4. Ben Diss

Ben Diss Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    According to the website, it's available. That's where I started my search. I figured for sure B&H would carry it (I work just two blocks from them), but no. Adorama doesn't either. I checked a UK site and it is available there but I'd hate to have to ship film over the water.

I was hoping I had overlooked something obvious.

-Ben

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Are you sure it is actually different, and not just two kinds of labeling/packaging for different markets?

6. mark

mark Member

Check out Calumet. They have two listings for fuji when you click on film, then color. One of the thre two was solely for the new 100.

7. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, I bought two boxes from Calumet last week. I have an order through Adorama as well - before I bought from Calumet - but it is on backorder. I'm not sure why Fuji is being so slow about getting this to market.

Here is an article about it that I found: http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/velvia100.htm

8. Ben Diss

Ben Diss Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    As I sit and type this I'm still recovering from my foray outdoors. I was asked if I think it's hotter today than yesterday. My answer: There is a measure of miserable beyond which it doesn't matter. I don't know if it's hotter or not.

I bought the last box of Velvia 100 (not F) Quickload that Calumet had. I called and Fernando held it for me while I took a quick ride on the number 1 line down to 19th street.

Hooray and thank you all for your help!

-Ben

9. wjmva

wjmva Member

Velvia 100 (not 100f) 4x5 50 sheets

I have a box of unopened 4x5 Velvia 100 fifty sheets from Calumet invoiced 7/15/2005 dated expiration 2006 -9

Paid 109.99 plus shipping of $7.27. total 117.26.

I will trade for unopened unexpired 4x5 Tmax 400, Provia 100f, or Velvia 50 of like value or sell outright. PayPal OK.

10. jansengunderson

jansengunderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Pictureline in Salt Lake City has a bunch of it in stock... I just picked some up last night.

11. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It looks like the Velvia 100 is starting to hit the shelves, I was able to order 4 rolls of it in 35mm from a local camera store - took about 10 days. I guess Fuji was just a bit slow getting it out in the beginning.

12. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Robert,

What do you expose the Velvia at? I know you are a fan of that film and I am a fan of the results you get. Am going to begin some 4 x 5 color work

Dave in Vegas

13. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not Robert,

But on ISO 50, I have always shot at 40, the few rolls of ISO 100 I shot straight up at ISO 100 and was not pleased with the saturation and the contrast, so this weekend I am going to shoot some at ISO and see what the result are...

I have always felt you have to find your sweet spot with the Fuji films, but once you do, it is great film.

Dave

14. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Dave, try shooting Velvia 50 at 40, or 100 for 100F (I don't use it anymore). I haven't processed any of the new Velvia 100 yet, but I am shooting it at 100 (based upon what others have told me).

15. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    thanks
    Robert!

16. Darren K

Darren K Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I've had my 100, both Quickloads and traditional, for well over a month. Pictureline is substantially cheaper than anywhere I've seen, plus free ground shipping for orders over $100.

17. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Darren, I have not heard of pictureline before, so it is good to have another resource.

Also, good to see another member from Colorado on here. I grew up in Colorado Springs, but left a dozen years or so ago. I sometimes miss it, but doubt I will ever return.