vented lens hood for Fujica GW690?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by scalder, Oct 26, 2011.

1. scalder

scalder Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hello,

Looking for a vented lens hood for my GW690 (67mm filter thread) - I've been told they exist, but can't for the life of me find any proof of that online. Anyone out there know where I could purchase one?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. dnjl

dnjl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It exists, I own one. It came with a GW690 I bought on eBay, seller didn't even mention it in the auction but just included it. The vented hood is made of plastic and has a metal mount that tightens with a small screw. When mounted, there's minor viewfinder blockage and you cannot use filters with a thick ring.
    By the way, only the old GW690 has a separate hood, the newer models have it built in.

Try eBay if you need to purchase one. I can PM you the name of the seller I got mine from if you like.

3. scalder

scalder Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    That would be much appreciated! Does it have a model/part number or anything on it? May be easier to track down that way.

Thanks,

4. scalder

scalder Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    For those curious, I think I've tracked down a non-vented hood. The seller was pretty sure it would fit, and it was $7, so I took a chance and ordered it. I'm still looking for the vented variety, but I'll just have to see how that goes.