View Camera Magazine - Submissions

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by steve simmons, Jan 27, 2005.

1. steve simmons

steve simmons Inactive

We are looking for large format photographers doing portrait and figure work for an upcoming issue.

Send submissions to

View Camera
    Box 2328
    Corrales, NM 87048

please include return packing and postge if you would like your material returned.

steve simmons

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  2. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    When is the due date?

3. steve simmons

steve simmons Inactive

May 15, 2005

4. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thomas,

You and Joe Symchyshyn are the first two people I thought of when I saw this post.

Good luck if you decide to make a submission.

Jim

5. BarrieB

BarrieB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great Magazine Steve, Keep up the good work. It must be difficult to keep such a publication interesting and the readers happy.

How many submissions do you have to ' knock back ' because they do not reach your high standards ?

Barrie B. Australia

6. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I certainly hope you get published, your work deserves it.

7. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My sentiments exactly.

8. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Steve,

I hope it is ok to ask here, but, when and how do you send out subscriber copies? I just returned from the local Borders and they still don't have the January issue of View Camera or B&W Magazine? This is very irritating. In the past I have avoided subscribing to magazines because generally I can buy them at the bookstore before they arrive in my mail (mail here is slooooooow).

[vent] When I complain to the bookstore, their general response is "well that is the price for living in paradise" to which I reply, "there are over 800,000 people living on this island - it is not some out of the way hick town". [/vent]

9. steve simmons

steve simmons Inactive

The copies to the subscribers go out in the mail the same day the shipments go to the distributors. The copies to the subscribers go periodical rate which is the same as second class. We can not control the speed at which the USPS gets them to the suscribers - believe me every publisher in the country would like to have this control. If the copies are going out of the US this is another complication.

The store copies go to the distibutors and then to the bookstores. Sometimes this happens more quickly than what the USPS does for the subscribers.

As a subscriber you pay less per issue (approx 4 dollars or less if you live in the US as opposed to $7 dollars) and you have access to the Subscriber's Section of the web site.

The fact that copies sometimes get to the book stores quicker than to the subscribers happens with all magazines.

steve simmons

10. Ray Bidegain

Ray Bidegain Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Steve:

Are you planning to feature individual photographers, or a collection of work on the subject?

Ray Bidegain

11. brimc76

brimc76 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine arrived yesterday steve, thanks. It was missing the subscriber's info needed to access the web site again though.

Brian McDowell

12. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Steve. I'm going to order a subscription. Your magazine will be only the second one I subscribe to - the first being Arizona Highways.

Just wondering, I know you have had David Muench in your magazine several times, as well as Jack Dykinga. Have you ever considered interviewing or spotlighting Joe Cornish? His work in the UK is truly outstanding.