View camera photography is news

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by skyrick, Apr 12, 2009.

1. skyrick

skyrick Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. MFP

MFP Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    he seems to have a fear of film being unavailable soon....I guess he's never been on APUG.

3. skyrick

skyrick Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I got a kick out of the text intro below the video: "He also prints the images using traditional darkroom techniques." ??? How else?

I've been a skydiver for 31 years and the statement above brings to mind the ubiquitous "...and at the last possible second, he opens his parachute!" offered by a reporter when showing any freefall footage. Most of us open around 3k', far from the "last possible second".

Rick

4. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    am i the only crazy one that finds the horizontal lines growing out of her neck and ears a turn off.

5. Kvistgaard

Kvistgaard Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Possibly:wink: It would be nice to have her separated a bit from the background, though - a little less depth of field, perhaps?

6. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anybody here in North Texas know this guy?

Yep. That's how the Texas Church Project got on statewide TV 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  7. Prest_400

Prest_400 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    "In 5 years it may change" if I remember well he said. I've heard lots of those words.
    A guy said in 2005 that 35mm would end it's commercial life 2 years later. 4 years have passed and film is still going well.
    I read someone at photo.net (2000) that said by 2010 triX would be at 40$ per 35mm roll... Something very bad should happen...

If in 1900 they created plate film, we can still do it.

8. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You would think some of these people actually wanted film to become more expensive to prove their point.

Tom.

9. BobNewYork

BobNewYork Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    No so far fetched Tom. Look at some of the other photo forums which are more digitally orientated. These guys just can't wait for film to disappear. It's like the availability of film is somehow impinging on them.

A couple of year ago I posted on a thread that I used 35mm and MF to do weddings - and was told by a moderator not to come on telling everyone film was better - because it clearly wasn't! The thread was basically "What do you use". I found APUG, thank goodness, that afternoon. For a while I kept getting emails telling me they missed me. Of course "Miss this!" was my response:D

Bob H

10. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No Ann, I do too. But, based on the "if you don't have anything nice to say, remain silent" approach, I kept quiet. Thanks for speaking for both of us (at least). :smile:

11. Prest_400

Prest_400 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I was having a look at older threads of the LF subforum and came to this post again. I've just got a habit of not posting old threads that comes from another forum.

I'm also glad that I found APUG, there are few other places that are also nice to stay. Forums that are digitally oriented are horrible. They just keep telling the same stuff: "oh film bye bye" "obsolete" and you know what else.
    I'm not surprised that they envy film. Because a Trip 35 is able to produce better results than a 5D that costed a king's ransom. "How come this crappy little camera can be better than my super 5D, bah"-they must think. I'm sure that some of them see the film users as hostile; ala Extremist.
    You did the correct action. I wouldn't stay a forum that keeps me censoring on film. You don't accept film? Ok, then you will not see me anymore here. :mad: