Vintage LF camera ads

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by usuthu65, Jun 7, 2012.

1. usuthu65

usuthu65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. bsdunek

bsdunek Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for sharing that! I remember going to Central Camera Co. when I was in college - about 1958 I think. It was a wonderful place.
    One of my camera collection favorites is a Ihagee Parvola, which is in this catalog. It takes 127 film, has a f3.5 uncoated Ihagee lens in a Compur 1 to 1/300 sec. shutter. The lens mount is on a double helix thread that screws in and out for collapsing and focusing. Flip up viewfinder. All in all, a very neat and compact camera. The photos are very vintage looking.

3. aleksmiesak

aleksmiesak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! It's amazing to see how some of these cameras are still in use, take great pictures and are valued so many years later. Can't say that about any digital set up today. Give it 10 years and you won't be able to find a memory card or software to download the files. Not to mention the value drops as soon as the camera leaves the dealer... hmmm, that sounds familiar :wink: