Voigtlaender Braunschweig Heliar 18CM in 'Sunken Mount'

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Jan 12, 2014.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    [​IMG]

Guess I should have cleaned her up before I photographed with the brutal modern digi cam.

[​IMG]

Well, brutal and modern unrealistic wirey contrast is what you will never get from a Heliar lens. And that's why we love them! Heliar's are the Bailey's Irish Cream of camera lenses! You just dip your tongue into the smoothness.

[​IMG]

Oh, they can be crisp if they need to be, stopped down, but the lovely f4.5 bokeh is what they're famous for. 18CM is a great size for 4X5. 15cm covers, but is stingy with movements on 4X5, where 18cm has a generous reserve.

[​IMG]

The Sunken mount version was probably for a folding camera, maybe even a graflex. It gives a nice smooth flat frontal appearance with all the business happening behind the lens board. The retainer is present. The 2 little knobs that stick up are for aperture control. One of them is decidedly non-original, but works fine. Glass is exc, and the original press-in cap, velvet lined, is present. $245 includes shipping in USA

2. Bill Harrison

Bill Harrison Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    heliar

PM Sent at 9:15 AM

3. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank heavens. I was going to end up in a lot of trouble if I bought another lens.

-NT

4. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    SOLD!!

Thanks All.

:D:D

Third thing in a row that has sold here at APUG. Glad the folks here are paying attention. Off to make a donation..........