Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 ... interesting news

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Rob Skeoch, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    If you go to the Voigtlander website you'll see that the 35mm F1.2 has been discontinued. As soon as word got out, I had people asking for one. The distributor has none and neither does the factory. However I did receive this interesting email back from the factory. It mentions a new version in the future.

This is main part of the email.....
    " We would like to draw your attention that the aspherical lens element used for Nokton F1.2/35mm is no more available and due to this we had to decide the discontinuation of this model because we can not produce. Now we are working on to develop modified Nokton F1.2/35mm Type-II using new type of aspherical lens. We aim to start the shipping of Type-II version from early summer in 2011. Please note that discontinued model has been out of stock. So we would like to ask you to do without 1.2/35mm till modified Type-II is produced."

I just thought you might want to know.

2. lns

lns Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ask them to make this one smaller. :smile:

-Laura

3. IloveTLRs

IloveTLRs Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    A 35/1.2 eh? Sounds good :smile:

4. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Ask them to make it smaller. LOL. Like I have a say in this.
    -rob

5. erikg

erikg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    interesting. is that a rare earth issue? who makes their glass? looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

6. GS_Jean

GS_Jean Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Seems quite logical...
    Except the Apo Lanthar 90/3.5 (Marsh 2001), that 35mm Nokton was the oldest VC lens still availabe. It was presented in May 2003.
    From 2007, VC had nearly updated all the rangefinder lenses at a rythme of 2 new model every year!!! And you can add the 2 limited eddition sets of 50mm Heliar (fabulous 3.5 and "Classic" 2.0) issued in 2009.
    Remember that mid 1999 when they presented the Super Wide Heliar 15mm (and the Bessa L) it was seen as a strange idea that even if interresting was surelly to be doomed as "dead-born" ;-)

Long live to M. Kobayashi Hirofumi !!!

7. thomasw_

thomasw_ Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Inasmuch as I liked the character rendering of the nokton @ 1.2, it blocked too much of the VF for my use. A huge part of the joy of shooting RFs for me consists in the smaller form factor of the gear. Thus I do prefer the much smaller, character-filled summilux pre-asph 35 -- even with its technical 'flaws'. I do hope the v2 Nokton f1,2 is as sweet in its rendering as it is in terms of size.

8. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I used to own one of those lenses. Nice, but it was too large for me...I don't mind heavy gear (hauled more than my share) but it's just not for me...as always, it's a personal opinion.

Did have a look all its own, and for those who like shallow DOF and bokeh, it's right up there. Thanks for passing that on, Rob.